Telfer and I are headed off to Nampa, Idaho for Thanksgiving and the alumni weekend at NNU! Not only is this Telfer’s first time back to Nampa since we graduated, but Claire (Telfer’s sister) is the freshman homecoming princess this year, and Mendy (Telfer’s mom) is also going to be there, so really we HAD to drive up. Yes, that’s right, we are driving up…only 15 hours!
We are going to stay with Bob Van Allen (or Bobbie V), the best man in our wedding and real estate extraordinaire (website linked above for perusal), and attempt to cook Thankgiving Dinner together. Among the hoped-for highlights of the weekend:
- A decent turkey and pumpkin pie (strangely all up to me).
- Raptly enjoying the fall play "Anne of Green Gables" with Anna Ganske.
- Eating Cheddar Veg and Turkey Muffelatas at the Beanery with Anna and Kori.
- Seeing Claire in a pretty dress/crown/sash.
- Chatting up our favorite R.D. – Kathy Burns – Telfer and I fell in twitterpation under her watch.
- Apparently One More Cup has redecorated!
- The Science/Math Alumni Breakfast (among Bob, Telfer, and Andrea, guess which one doesn’t belong? It’s like the Sesame Street song, "one of these things is not like the other").
- Basketball Games – Go Crusaders.
We will be busy! And hopefully NNU sweatshirts will be procured!