Memorial Weekend was definitely the most fun we have had in a long time. With only a month left in the city, we did a few things that have been on the "list" plus a few other little things. It helped that Telfer had some much-needed vacation from Thursday through Monday.
- A date night celebrating our ninth wedding anniversary – dinner at A Voce at the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle and tickets to the very wonderful A Little Night Music starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury (thanks so much Chris & Mendy!). This was our first time going to dinner and a show together in New York – Eleanor babysat and took the photo above. Definitely a family affair.
- Telfer had never been to the main branch of the NYPL! We walked through the library (Cate insisted on climbing the stairs herself), and then we had lunch in Bryant Park. Telfer took Cate home while I walked up to MOMA for the afternoon.
- One of Telfer's fellow residents at Loma Linda got married this weekend in New Jersey so we rented a car and attended the reception. This was an Indian wedding so the events were stretched over the course of several days and the reception on Saturday night was so much fun. We were literally the first people to leave — at 11:00! We had to get the car back or we would have stayed longer…
- During Cate's naptimes, Telfer saw both Iron Man 2 and Robin Hood while I opted for a pedicure instead. Good choice I think.
- Our $40 farmer's market turkey has been languishing in the freezer since Thanksgiving (I had the flu). We finally pulled it out and invited our original guests (Eleanor and her friend Belinda) and had the best Thanksgiving meal. I used all new recipes just for fun and I think most will end up being "family" recipes, especially these mashed potatoes from Sunset magazine. And since it was May and not November, after dinner we took Cate to the park to play in the water.
- On Monday, we braved the heat and toured Chinatown, mostly a thinly veiled excuse to consume pork buns. That evening we packed a turkey sandwich picnic and headed to Riverside Park with Eleanor.
A packed but oh so fun weekend. Back to real life. This week I am organizing closets and drawers in preparation for packing boxes…
But here's a few more pictures…